Did you take it? Did you make your changes, stick to your word like you said you would. It’s been four weeks, what can you say you have committed to since then? Do you feel lost, like you need direction? Is it hard to stay focused or keep your eye on the prize?
I’ve made a 12-step approach. Lookout for #loyalty, next in the series.
1. BLUEPRINT: Achievement = Talent + Preparation
The number 12 represents a full cycle of experience and the possibility of regeneration toward a higher-consciousness. 12 represents the learning process and warns of the necessity to be alert to every situation, reminding you of sacrifice as a means to acquiring knowledge and wisdom on both Spiritual and Intellectual levels.
Blueprint: Our Starting Point. Now that you are ready to move forward into a direction, you need a plan. [Err, maybe you personally don’t like to plan. Maybe they confine you and your energy.. If that is you, then you do not need a plan, but you do need prioritization: What the rest of us call plans.]
We all have our blueprint, our own program that we bring with us to this life on Earth. In order to become fully balanced, we will have to return to our most basic program. Find quiet time. Sit with yourself, and stay long enough to hear all of your worries and mental chatter play out without any busy body movement to distract you. Close your eyes and see what silence looks like.
- What is your vision?
- What do you want to spend more time doing?
- What is important?
- Who in your world is invaluable?
- How can you be more present and grateful for the life that you have? What do you wish you could be around all day long?
- How can you explore your heart’s inspirations and be financially stable?
- How can you be more you and less what the world is demanding of you?
It can be said, “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there,” but the logic in me wonders about specificity.
How can we be purposeful, efficient, and exacting if we’re spread in so many directions?
“A Jack of All Trades is a Master of None.”
Can we do a task well if we’re always multi-tasking?
The energy of a blueprint helps you purify your ideas, deletes the constructs that don’t suit you and releases what no longer has a purpose. Through meditation, or even reverse engineering and process of elimination – you shall get closer to defining your blueprint. It’s shape, color, and purpose. This is the structure your efforts need, this is what will outline, support, and define you as the master of your project.
IF YOU CHECKED OUT AND YOU’RE SAYING SOMETHING LIKE, “YEA I DON’T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT [SHIT].”
- START BY JUST HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH YOURSELF
- WHAT YOU WANT TO DO
- WHAT DON’T YOU WANT TO DO
- LET THESE PHRASES SIT SIDE BY SIDE IN YOUR MIND, OR A BLANK PIECE OF PAPER. – put a notepad and pen near your bed.
If you feel like you’re still not cut out to make a blueprint for your amazing life & that creating a blueprint would take a lot of energy you don’t have. Just read these:
Living a life of “have-to” is draining.
We get tired without creativity or fulfillment.
We think our problem might be our relationship. We blame our job. We think this feeling has something to do with our geography, or because we need to exercise and eat better. It’s drinking, it has to be.
We talk about the past because we don’t know what present happiness looks like. We’re too removed. It’s been so long.
We buy things that give us a sense of leisure, comfort, or beauty, because we have lost the will to generate it on our own.
We buy tons of convenience products with the hopes that life will be made simpler and grant us extra time to rest, but do we ever rest? Do those items of convenience actually take care of our needs as they originally promised?
Do these sound familiar? Make your blue-print. This is your imprint. The impression you leave with yourself -in this short time you get to be alive.
#12steps #blueprint #healthylifestyle #blueprintforsuccess #direction #focus #goals #howtomakechanges #sacredgeometry #meditation #preparation #achievement # lifespurpose #vision #lifescalling #getfitwithtiff #mindbodyexchange #howto #selfimprovement #personalgrowth #healthiswealth #mindpower
Life remembers all the things you do and don’t and she brings them back and then forces you to laugh at your own stupidity. You will have the same lesson over and over again until you learn it. The same things, crazy and strange things that at the time …are so crazy it seems like nothing like this has ever happened before or to anyone else, but in reality… this is not your first time on this ride, and all your besties know it.
Why don’t we learn the first time? Or any time after that? Why must we repeat these experiences? Why and how do we forget? When we get the message in the moment we are so clear and sure as we say to ourselves, “Never again will this sort of thing happen.” Then, all of a sudden you’re kind of back where you were, but not really.. but sort of… sure things are different but what’s actually different? Not much. The first emotion is mad, mad as hell. But then… We laugh. We cry. We over analyze. We stay distracted for as long as we can. We listen to the problems of other people. We try to motivate them to do something to feel better, to make a difference. We ruminate on what is ailing them and why this dilemma is happening to them in the first place. We compare our life to theirs and then we shit on ourselves for forgetting that we had our own problems to solve.
This is the beginning of the complete examination of everything that has brought us to this moment and in one breath, maybe in the shower or during a commute, its non-stop and you don’t feel like you’re gonna make it.
So as not to be furthermore paralyzed by analysis. This is your brain. Not on drugs, just your regular every day brain. “And why this and why that…” but then something else comes up: You are alone.
God No! The horror! You can’t do this alone. You need to be next to someone, touching someone, smelling someone. Why should you not get all of these things and cum? You should cum as much as you physically can. Okay, so then you become aligned with another person. This other person is your friend. You laugh with them now. You cry with them now. They are your go-to human, your number 1 fan, your hero, everything you are into and want to be into. You collide and are physically changed. This happens without thinking. This is your body interacting with your spirit, chemically enhancing your senses and giving you access to love. It isn’t gay. It’s magic.
But what about you? You must not stop living for you, doing for you, trusting in you. You are not what this other person, who happens to always be around wants, needs, thinks of, and is entertained by. You are still committed to the one who came before them and by that I mean the pursuit of your extreme and infinite bliss: Your trial and error, your eternal evolution of what it means to be part of the Universe…. The Where, What, and How…of Being Alive.
- Demand more from you. You can and will shock the shit out of yourself. Don’t look around what others are doing. Don’t wait for some app to tell you how you feel or what the latest trends are. Do not put yourself on the back burner. Answer the hard questions. Don’t cut corners. Put in the extra credit because investing in yourself is the most important thing you can ever do.
- The more you share, the more you will know. You can only get what you give. Humans share problems and therefore share solutions. We all learn from mistakes, but they do not have to be our own. Once you “sign on” to the collective experience that we share here and engage in the lives around you, saying your insights out loud [what is true in your heart] is what grants you access to all other truths. Your connection to everyone around you is what keeps you alive.
- Keep your word. Do as you say you do. Have the will to commit to your greatest challenge. Be the best human for human’s sake. Take pride in your integrity.
- Find stillness/ silence so that you may hear your inner voice. This is your guide.
- Fill your life with things that give back. Pursue your hobbies and interests. You are the greatest creator you haven’t yet met. Begin Now. Life is already waiting for you.
You are a satellite: a receiver and you soak in the sunshine and it radiates your insides. You are in harmony. You are not fixed. You are like a plant reaching for the sun, designed with your quirky particulars but grown with and for a magnificent purpose because you are connected to the unknown. Your insides, too, are like liquid, completely formless only to then bloom.
You are divine. Make this life as beautiful as possible.
Balancing has everything to do with alignment. But how and why do we come out of “proper” alignment. Because we do and we may have never had it. We sit lop-sided. We have tight muscles. We exercise the muscles that are already strong because it’s easy and no one wants to do corrective exercises, God Forbid! Read more about Balance here.
In order to balance well, you have to practice Pada Banda.
In yoga, you will learn something called Pada Banda, and this is literally the activation of your toes so that they grip the ground. They need to push the ground as much and as consistently as the ground is pushing you. This total activation from the tiny muscles of the foot all the way up to the lower leg and thigh and engaging the hip is how we create balance, AND in my opinion, it’s the place to begin.
Focus and continue to focus on hip alignment. Do you stand on one leg? Do you sit with a prolonged leg cross? Do your feet turn out, turn in? In order to have good hip alignment you must be aware of how strong or weak the muscles of your lower back, core, hips, as well as how bent or curved your spine is. Do you slouch? Have recurring pain in your neck, shoulders, between your shoulder blades, hip joint? It would be helpful at least to know which section we are talking about when we discuss the spine and try to localize the origin of pain or any sensation.
Simply, your spine is broken down into four main sections.
- Cervical is related to your neck.
- Thoracic is the mid section encasing the ribs.
- Lumbar is the area that we think of when we refer to the lower back.
- Tailbone, fused together is far less mobile than the rest of your spine is called the Sacral.
- Pyramid – Parsvottanasana
- Standing Splits – Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana
- Warrior 3 – Virabhadrasana III
- Half Moon – Ardha Chandrasana
- Standing Splits – Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana
I only recorded one side, but you get the idea. Repeat on the other side and as many times as you can or want to.
Swadhyaya – स्वाध्याय – Self-Study
Does practicing Swadhyaya tell us to study the self, or to regularly practice studying? Yes. Both of course.
You immediately make a face, you don’t wanna study.
“You don’t want to learn, you’re done with school.”
“You don’t think you have the time for it.” Cough Netflix. Cough. These are excuses easily taken care of by Tapasya. Tapasya (Niyama #3.)
Swadhyaya is a path to freedom, as it is the practice of learning or un-learning all of the things that hold you back. Swadhyaya is a 2- Part agreement: first with yourself and secondly with your respect for learning.
Part 1: Swadhyaya actually means to study the self, or self-analysis.
This agreement is with you and your best friend: also you. As your best friend, you need to know you better than anyone else. You need to listen & talk to you, trust, encourage, and love you.
- forges a deep connection and sustained communication with the higher self. This is miraculous if you think about it! Without any help from Facebook, you can intuitively receive information from everything around you. A breeze, a song, something someone says, a serendipitous run in, etc.
- If you can see your life as one would read a book, or participate in any activity that cultivates a reflective consciousness you are practicing Swadhyaya.
- The soul tends to be lured by activities that lead to discovery and illumination. Note: This is not the same as taking a quiz to see what your spirit animal is, but in reality any challenge can become an opportunity to learn about yourself.
Part 2: Don’t go Full Zombie. The moment that you think you know everything or that you know more than everyone else is the moment you die.
It may not have presented itself as “giving up” but that’s what it is.
- Curiosity is your fuel signal lighting up on the dashboard: You need gas.
- You have to feed your imagination. Travel. Read. Create.
- Don’t know how or what? Start asking questions, or just start. You will learn in the process.
How you may have fallen into Full Zombie Mode:
- It made sense at the time, an admittedly low point in your life… Try asking, “Why am I still here?”
- Everyone else is doing it, so whatever… Ask yourself, “If someone drives down a one way street the wrong way, am I going to do it?
- Perhaps your cynicism is no longer manageable… But ask, “Why am I miserable?” “Why don’t I trust anything, Why don’t I want to know anything, or why don’t I care about my life?”
Whatever the reason: when you disengage from your life, you’re going full Zombie. It’s really f**** hard to come back from Full Zombie.
Be forewarned, the Swadhyaya classroom is a relentless one.
- In order to be a self-studier you become teacher and pupil. You are the only person who can design and adhere to the curriculum. You will instantly become aware of all of your negative tendencies, who you have turned into, and how terrible this may make you feel. Welcome and accept your limitations as this is where learning begins.
In this practice of self-study you must find the source of…
or Self-loathing.. You will also learn how cunning you are and will be tried by your own deception.
Combing through these knots is teaching yourself to accept what you learn about you. This leads to true compassion and transforms your energy with everything around you.
The more we do this, the more we are free.